How We Commit to Sustainability
- We integrate environmental, social and governance considerations into all aspects of our business decision making and performance.
- We proactively engage with our diverse stakeholders in order to gain better understanding of the issues most important to our stakeholders.
- We innovate to develop new collaborative approaches to sustainability challenges.
- We have strong governance to ensure accountability and oversight of our operations and performance.
- We strive for transparency and robust disclosure to measure, report and evaluate our environmental and social performance.
What Matters Most
In our Sustainability reporting, we focus on the topics of greatest interest and relevance to our stakeholders, our employees and our business—those which could substantively influence stakeholders’ assessments and decisions regarding Enbridge.
Through ongoing engagement and dialogue we’ve prioritized three foundational areas, as well as a number of areas of interest and that enable continuous improvement as a company. Despite the increased size, diversity and geographic scope of our company following our combination with Spectra Energy in 2017, these priority areas remain what matters most.
Our Sustainability Focus Areas:
Climate & Energy Solutions
- Climate Change, Emissions Reduction & Energy Efficiency
- Renewable & Low Carbon Energy